SkyCut C-16 Plotter
SkyCut C-16 Plotter
Say hello to one of the most flexible and powerful desktop cutters around! The Skycut C-16 has some fantastic features that don't suck:
- High-resolution camera for perfect automatic cutting around images (Print & Cut)
- A large touch screen for precise alignment
- Loads of optional attachments like engraving and embossing tools and a laser engraver.
Yes, you read that right! A laser engraver attachment! PLUS, wide-format cutting, four connectivity options, the ability to cut from 5 different programs, and a multicolored LED strip… lighting the way for limitless creativity!
Designed for the overachiever:
If you're anything like us, you spend a decent amount of time researching a product before making your choice. There are plenty of options in regards to electronic cutters. Most desktop cutters limit your creativity. But not with Skycut!
Whether you want to cut at tradeshows or participate in retreats or crops, the SkyCut is ideal for on-the-go cutting! With Skycut, you don't need an internet connection to create your designs. You are free to purchase artwork and clipart. These are huge benefits that people often overlook when buying a desktop cutter.
The clear choice for businesses:
Did you know that other cutting systems ban the use of their artwork from commercial sale? In other words, if you create a product, like t-shirts, stickers, or tumblers, under the licensing agreement, you are not legally allowed to sell that product! We're not in the clipart business. With Skycut, you're investing in a platform that permits you to create and operate without worrying about these licensing conflicts.
Peace of mind:
Unlike most other desktop cutters, Skycut is NOT disposable! Each Skycut C-16 comes with a full 12-month warranty compared to the three months offered by other plotters. Rest assured; parts are available two, three, or even five years from purchase, and repairs can be performed on your plotter. Additionally, PlotterGeeks offers extended warranty plans, keeping your machine running for years to come!
Camera for Automatic Print & Cut
The Skycut C-16 plotter has a high-resolution, full-color camera for performing incredibly accurate automatic print & cuts.
In addition to standard white paper or vinyl, our camera can identify registration marks printed on:
- Low contrast papers such as kraft paper or darker cardstock
- Inverse-printed papers (e.g., black paper with white ink)
- Transparent or translucent materials (e.g., acetate)
- Mirrored cardstock and foils
Additionally, the camera offers the following advantages:
- Fast identification (no scanning back and forth, as with an optic eye)
- Virtually any color of registration marks
- Registration marks as small as 5 mm (0.2")
- Continuous, long-run applications (e.g., rolled prints) with intermediate registration scanning, as needed
In addition to enhanced print & cut, the camera also provides additional functionality:
- Easy initial calibration
- Precise origin setting when engraving metal tags, charms, trophy labels, etc.
The Skycut offers four options for connectivity:
- Genuine USB: no virtual serial port; no need to separately install a driver
- Wi-Fi: quickly connect to your home or office network
- Wireless Stand-Alone: great for traveling when no network is available and you forget your USB cable
- USB Flash Drive: Export PLT files to a flash drive for computer-free cutting. The flash drive is an excellent feature for those of us who tend to cut the same files time and time again.
More Cutting Pressure
Unlike some of the other craft cutters on the market, with as low as 210 lousy grams of force, the Skycut C-16 has a max cutting pressure of 800 grams enabling users to cut a gigantic array of materials:
- Candle Wax
- Chipboard (up to 0.033")
- Construction Paper
- Craft Foam
- Craft Plastic (up to 0.02" PET-G)
- Decal Vinyl
- Double-Sided Adhesive
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Label Sheets
- Leather (up to 0.06")
- Magnet (up to 0.035")
- Mylar (up to 0.01")
- Copy Paper
- Photo Paper
- Poster Board
- Rhinestone Template Materials
- Shrink Film
- Styrene (up to 0.015")
- Wall Vinyl
- Wood Veneer (up to 0.015")
Whether you're interested in a machine for hobby or production use, the Skycut C-16 is built to last. The Skycut is primarily constructed from quality-grade aluminum. Only the vanity parts are made from injection-molded plastic. Also, unlike most craft cutters, the Skycut plotters are NOT disposable. Even if your machine suffers from a mechanical failure after the warranty, there's nothing that can't be repaired or replaced.
What's In The Box?
Every SKYCUT comes with:
- The actual plotter
- 1 Red Blade Holder
- 2 Thin Material Blades (Red Cap)
- 1 Thick Material Blade (Blue Cap)
- 1 Pen Tool + Refill
- 1 12" x 19" Cutting Mat
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Power Cable
- 1 Power Adapter
- Countless Years of glorious plotting Fun!